If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Moraea MM 17-38

Seed parent: MM 13-85a (M. atropunctata x neopavonia) X loubseri
Pollen parent: MM 13-84c (atropunctata? x neopavonia) X (atropunctata x calcicola)

This cross combined two hybrids that resemble M. loubseri physically but have burnt orange shades blended with loubseri's purple. I wondered what would happen when I brought them together.

The results were pretty diverse. Let's start with a couple of group photos...


MM 17-38a. I'm not sure why I singled out this one for a letter.

Here are some others without letters. I'm very intrigued by this first one. The color is bright, the central cup has some of loubseri's intense hairiness but is a much lighter color, and there's a subtle wash of purple on top of the orange that looks pretty interesting.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.