If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Moraea MM 17-63

Seed parent: MM 12-68b (M. atropunctata? X (atropunctata x calcicola))
Pollen parent: MM 12-68a

Based on the colors of these hybrids, and those of the reciprocal cross MM 17-61, I think it's likely that the M. atropunctata marked with a question mark above was actually some other species, perhaps M. neopavonia or tulbaghensis. Anyway, some of the flowers are a rich deep tangerine color that I really like, and some have interesting spots on them.

Here's a family portrait:

MM 17-63a

MM 17-63b. This one is pretty cool, once the flowers open fully.



MM 17-63c. No spots, but the tepals are much wider, and I love that color.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.