If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Moraea MM 17-07

Seed parent: MM 12-95b (M. gigandra X loubseri)
Pollen parent: MM 12-115a (aristata x calcicola)  X tulbaghensis

The seed parent is deep velvety purple, the pollen parent a pleasant light orange flower. For once, a cross worked out the way I hoped: I got some extremely pleasant plants with mixed pastel colors. An added bonus: They start blooming early in the season, and keep going for a fairly long time.

MM 17-07a

MM 17-07b. The outer tepals are violet, while the inner ones are orange. If I could get the inner tepals wider, this would be a great two-tone flower.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.