If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Moraea MM 17-24

Seed parent: MM 13-138 (M. bellendenii X aristata)
Pollen parent: MM 13-197b (lurida X villosa form H)

A nice yellow flower crossed with a lurida hybrid produces a curious group of pale yellow and orange flowers, with strange things happening to the eyes.

MM 17-24a

MM 17-24b. Darn it, I used the same letter for two different flowers, and then...


MM 17-24c ...even worse, I used the same letter for three different flowers. I really like the look of the first one below: very wide inner tepals, nice precise eye spot, slight veins, and a perky orange cup with freckles.

This one has better veins but few freckles.


MM 17-24d





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.