If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Moraea MM 17-58

Seed parent: MM 13-206a (M. lurida?)
Pollen parent: MM 13-125b (bellendenii X (aristata x villosa))

(I'm pretty sure the seed parent was a self-pollinated M. lurida, although technically it was supposed to be a cross between lurida and a tulbaghensis x villosa hybrid.) The pollen parent has the typical disrupted eye of a bellendenii cross, and I wanted to see how that would interact with lurida. The results were interesting.

MM 17-58a. The eye is reduced to a single dark crescent, and the central cup is an interesting burnt orange color.


MM 17-58b. No orange in this one, but the eye is yellow rimmed in black.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.