If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Moraea MM 17-61

Seed parent: MM 12-68a (M. atropunctata X (atropunctata x calcicola)
Pollen parent: MM 12-68b

Given the color of the first flower below, there's no way I have the parentage correct for this cross. I don't know what happened. See MM 17-63 for more information.

MM 17-61a. These flowers are intriguing: they're a deep tangerine orange, and the dark greenish eye is cool. But what you can't see is that the flowers are very small, held very tight against the stem where they don't fully open, and totally sterile.

MM 17-61b. This one I could maybe believe as a cross involving atropunctata and calcicola. Atropunctata sometimes produces flowers with cream tepals and orange centers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.