If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Moraea MM 17-77

Seed parent: MM 13-177b (M. gigandra X calcicola)
Pollen parent: MM 13-109 (M. villosa form a+ X (atropunctata x neopavonia))

So here's a rich purple flower crossed with a rosy purple flower. I wonder what we'll get?

The answer is, we got a surprising amount of variety. Here's a family portrait.

MM 17-77a. Very interesting color pattern. I've started to get this in a few hybrids. Question: is that an orange eye, or are we seeing an orange background color where the eye should ahve been, and there's no actual eye at all? Check out 17-77b for a hint.


MM 17-77b. This flower has an orange area similar to the hybrid above, but this one has a narrow dark crescent-shaped eye. Plus the tepals have a faint rosy blush. Nice!


MM 17-77c

Some siblings:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.