If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, March 6, 2022

Moraea MM 18-333

Seed parent: MM 14-146b (M. villosa x tulbaghensis) X villosa form d
Pollen parent: MM 13-69b (tulbaghensis X villosa form h)

Both parents are nice flowers -- one is orange with a big magenta blaze in the center; the other is yellow-orange with elaborate markings. I am very pleased with these flowers and want to repeat the cross.

MM 18-333a

MM 18-333b

MM 18-333c. Wow, the coloration in this one is spectacular!

MM 18-333d. This one looks a lot like form a, but look closely: there are spots in the central cup.

MM 18-333e. This one has very nice markings compared to most of my hybrids, but its siblings are so nice that I didn't pay as much attention to it.

MM 18-333f


Here's another one. Or maybe it's form e.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.