If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Moraea MM 18-209

Seed parent: MM 12-158b (M. bellendenii X ((atropunctata x neopavonia) x (atropunctata x neopavonia))
Pollen parent: Moraea villosa o

This is a cross between a vivid yellow hybrid and a magenta-colored form of M. villosa. Yellow + magenta should be red, right? That's how it worked in print shop when I was a kid. But in flowers... as often happens with M. villosa crosses, the hybrid looks mostly like the villosa, but the colors have been muted, and the M. bellendenii genes have disrupted the eye.

MM 18-209a


MM 18-209b. I like the big white spot in the eye.

Siblings. Check out the pink corkscrew tips on the inner tepals of this one.

Wow, this one has incredibly long tips on the inner tepals, and they're twisted. Interesting!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.