If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Moraea MM 18-235

Seed parent: MM 13-207a (M. bellendenii x neopavonia)
Pollen parent: Moraea villosa form o

The seed parent is a cool looking orange flower with a yellow eye. I crossed it with the lovely magenta form of M. villosa, wondering what I might get. Maybe a magenta flower with yellow eyes? Maybe something red?

As it turns out, crosses with villosa o often produce a flower that looks like a paler version of villosa o. That's what happened here, but with a disrupted eye courtesy of the M. bellendenii genes. I like this one a lot.

MM 18-235a

Hmmmmm, I labeled the photo below as 18-235a, but that letter was already taken, and it looks very different from its sibling. So I am not sure about it. On the other hand, the eye does look like villosa o. I'll leave the photo here for now, but I need to double-check it when it blooms again.

By the way, it's an awesome flower, no matter what its actual parentage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.