If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, March 5, 2022

Moraea MM 18-316

Seed parent: M. neopavonia 'Summerfield'
Pollen parent: villosa form o

MM 18-316a. These photos aren't the greatest quality, but the flowers are a nice rich orange flushed with a bit of red.


The color is pretty intense when the flower opens (left bloom), but it fades over time (right flower).

Photo by Garry Knipe

My records say this is also form a, and the shape of the flower matches, but if it's form a then it's very faded.



Here's a sibling. Similar color, but note the wider/shorter inner tepals.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.