If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Friday, March 4, 2022

Moraea MM 18-259

Seed parent: MM 14-01b (M. tripetala X neopavonia 'Summerfield')
Pollen parent: MM 14-146a (villosa x tulbaghensis) X villosa d

This is a wacky cross. The seed parent has freckles where the eye should be, while the pollen parent is a brilliant orange villosa-type flower. How that produced the interesting pale blaze at the center of the flower, I have no idea. But it's a cool effect and I hope to breed more flowers like this.

MM 18-259a

MM 18-259b. Oops, I initially labeled this one form a. It looks so different from the other flower that I need to go double-check it when it blooms again. I wonder if I got the label wrong.

This one was labeled 18-259b as well. Sigh.

MM 18-259c

Also labeled form c. Not my finest hour.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.