If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Moraea MM 18-222

Seed parent: MM 12-144a (M. gigandra X neopavonia)
Pollen parent: MM 14-146b (villosa x tulbaghensis) X villosa d

The seed parent is an orangey-red flower that looks like M. gigandra, while the pollen parent is a villosa-like flower with yellow-orange tepals and a vivid blue-green eye. In other words, two really good-looking parents.

MM 18-222a. I like the speckles on the tepals.


MM 18-222b. Wow, the eye on this one is awesome, pale blue with a dark blue rim. And this flower is so different from form a. I need to see if I have any more seeds left from this cross.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.