If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, March 5, 2022

Moraea MM 18-309

Seed parent: MM 13-34a ((M. atropunctata x calciciola) x sibling) X neopavonia 'sunrise'
Pollen parent: villosa o

I think of this as a "Clash of the Titans" experiment. The seed parent has a really interesting pastel color pattern on it, with no eye at all. The pollen parent is the vivid magenta form of M. villosa. Which one will dominate? 

I'd say it's a tie.

This one looks like a very pale form of M. villosa o. The blended color effect in the eye is interesting.

This one looks remarkably similar to the seed parent. That's very surprising because M. villosa usually dominates the color of every hybrid made with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.