If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Moraea MM 18-94

Seed parent: MM 13-197 (M. lurida X villosa h)
Pollen parent: MM 13-89b (villosa x tulbaghensis) X villosa d

I crossed one of my wilder-looking lurdia hybrids with a nice looking villosa-type flower, hoping for a crazy combination of genetics. Instead, the flowers are relatively muted. Not bad, but also not the wild looks I was hoping for.

MM 18-94a. There's some interesting stuff going on with this flower. The colors are nothing special, but check out how the striped pattern in the tepals extends down into the central cup of the flower. The central cup is usually a strongly contrasting color, so this change is really interesting.

These don't have letters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.