If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Moraea MM 17-105

Seed parent: MM 12-176a (M. atropunctata x calcicola) X neopavonia
Pollen parent: MM 12-160a (bellendenii X loubseri)

This is weird. The flowers look a lot like M. villosa, but that species is not involved in this cross at all. The pollen parent is pale violet, with a very disrupted eye courtesy of M. bellendenii. The seed parent is pale orange. Neither of them have the big round eye we see here, or the hint of a pale ring around the eye.

Maybe the cross was mislabeled, or maybe Moraea genetics are more complex than I expected. Or both.


MM 17-105a


MM 17-105b


A sibling...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.