If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Moraea MM 18-21

Seed parent: MM 13-125b (M. aristata x villosa) X bellendenii
Pollen parent: MM 13-43a (villosa X (atropunctata x neopavonia)

This is one of those "cross a pretty flower with a weird one to see what happens" crosses. I really like the variety of flowers it produced, and a couple of them are quite special.

MM 18-21a. Very nice! The eye is two-toned, and there's a slight yellow edge around the eye.


MM 18-21b

MM 18-21c

MM 18-21d. Extremely interesting! There are two colors in the eye, a big orange border around it, and a line of dots around that. The tepals themselves are a boring tan color, but all these markings look really promising. I made a lot of crosses with this one.


MM 18-21e. Unfortunately, I applied the same letter to two flowers. I'll update this post after I sort that out.

Kind of an interesting scraggly edge to the eye.

MM 18-21f. I mistakenly labeled this one 18-21c, but it's definitely different from all the others. I really like it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.