If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Moraea MM 18-134

Seed parent: MM 13-46 (M. tripetala pale blue form X tripetala blue)
Pollen parent: MM 13-69a or b (tulbaghensis with dark gray eye X villosa h)

This is a really interesting cross. The pollen parent (whether I used form a or b) is a fairly colorful flower. I was hoping that a cross with tripetala would give me some colorful stripes on the flowers, which is what usually happens. But in this case, the flowers are all white, and several of them have a fascinating ring of little dashes around the eye, with a triangular dagger at mid-tepal.

I wish the eye were a brighter color.

MM 18-134a

MM 18-134b

Here are some siblings:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.