If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Moraea MM 18-11

Seed parent: Moraea bellendenii
Pollen parent: Moraea atropunctata

Goody, a new species cross. I'm always curious to see how these will turn out.

In this case we get the spots of M. atropunctata, which is not a surprise. But instead of the yellow color of M. bellendenii, we have a pale orange flower. From other hybrids, I've gotten the impression that the yellow and orange colorations in Moraea are related. I've had some crosses of yellow hybrids that turned out orange, occasional crosses of orange hybrids that produced yellow flowers, and now here's a cross of cream and yellow species that's orange. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.