If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Moraea MM 17-129

Seed parent: MM 13-121b (M. gigandra x (atropunctata x neopavonia)) X sibling
Pollen parent: MM 13-10a (aristata x villosa) X neopavonia 'Sunrise'

Wow. I crossed two hybrids that have no central eye but do have an orange-yellow blaze in the center of the flower. The resulting plant does have an eye, and there is no orange blaze -- but there is a strange yellowish tint under the pale purple of the tepals. I don't know what to think.

Here are some siblings, and a family portrait.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.