If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Moraea MM 18-161

Seed parent: MM 13-196 (M. tripetala X bellendenii)
Pollen parent: MM 13-41a 'Bonnie' (villosa b X villosa h)

This is a cross between a pale yellow hybrid and a beautiful purple-blue villosa. None of the grandparents were orange flowers, but the offspring are all in various shades of cream, yellow, and orange.

I don't understand how yellow and purple could produce orange.

The other curious thing about these flowers is their intricately patterned eyes.

MM 18-161a


Here are some other flowers from this cross,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.