If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Moraea MM 19-99

Seed parent: MM 13-116a ((M. calcicola x atropunctata) X tripetala)
Pollen parent: MM 13-94a (tulbaghensis X villosa form h)

The seed parent is a very heavily speckled purple and white flower, and the pollen parent is a bright orange hybrid. I was hoping for spots on a bright orange flower. I didn't get that, but the colors and patterns on these flowers are really unusual. I wouldn't necessarily call them beautiful, but they are extremely interesting and deserve more breeding.

MM 19-99a. I am fairly sure that the first three photos are the same plant, in different lighting conditions and with different ages of the flowers.



I am not sure if this is a faded flower of form a, or something different. The speckles on the inner tepals look different.

MM 19-99b

MM 19-99c. Very weird and beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.