If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Moraea MM 18-78

Seed parent: Moraea debilis
Pollen parent: Moraea polystachya (or bellendenii?)

This cross would be very exciting if I believed that M. polystachya was actually the pollen parent, since I have never successfully crossed it with one of the Peacock Moraeas despite many tries. But I doubt it, because a cross of M. loubseri and M. bellendenii looks almost identical to this one. So I strongly suspect this is actually M. debilis x bellendenii.

Still, whatever the parents, this is a very interesting flower because of its bright yellow eye and the tight blue border around it.

MM 18-78a


1 comment:

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.