If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Monday, December 19, 2022

Moraea MM 19-56

Seed parent: MM 16-40a (M. gigandra with white ring X neopavonia 'Summerfield')
Pollen parent: MM 16-40 (M. gigandra with white ring X neopavonia 'Summerfield')

The parents are peach-colored flowers in the shape of M. gigandra. I wanted to see what would happen if I crossed them with each other. The answer is: A lot of interesting stuff.

MM 19-56a. Starts off very pale yellow and then fades.


MM 19-65b. Heart-breaking. When the flower first opens it's this stunning yellow and white combination: 

But as often happens with yellow Moraeas, the color does not persist. A day or two later, here it is...

I'm pretty sure this is the same plant after even more time. Still elegant, but not as amazing as it was when it opened.

Some siblings.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.