If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Moraea MM 16-40

Seed parent: Moraea gigandra with white ring
Pollen parent: Moraea neopavonia ‘Summerfield’

MM 16-40a. Very nice! The flower shape and markings are very similar to M. gigandra, but in peach instead of bright purple.

MM 16-40b. There's a subtle orange stripe up the middle of each outer tepal.

MM 16-40c. Kind of exotic, with its dark blue eyes and very dark central cup.

MM 16-40d. This might actually be a flower of 16-40b having a bad hair day.

MM 16-40e. I like the intensity of the colors in this one.

I haven't assigned a letter to these. Sadly, they are paler than the others, but the eye is bigger, which I like.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.