If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Moraea MM 16-76

Seed parent: MM 12-144b (M. gigandra X neopavonia)
Pollen parent: MM 12-139a (M. 'Zoe' X atropunctata)

Sometimes you make a cross thinking, "these two flowers are both beautiful, the combination will be awesome." And then the results are very "meh." Case in point: The seed parent is a very large mauvey-orange flower, and the pollen parent is a gorgeous white flower covered in purple dots. You'd think their offspring would have all sorts of colors and dot patterns. Instead, we ended up with white flowers and boring markings.

Oh well, maybe if I do a backcross...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.