If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Moraea MM 17-19

Seed parent: MM 13-195b (M. lurida X (aristata x villosa))
Pollen parent: MM 13-133a (tripetala X villosa form D)

Both parents have interesting colors and patterns, so I was was disappointed when their first offspring opened:

MM 17-19a


However, the next year many more flowers bloomed, and I became a lot happier:

MM 17-19b. Check out the huge dark eye on this one. The inner tepal is also almost completely dark. And there are nice purple veins.

MM 17-19c

MM 17-19d

MM 17-19e. A totally solid black eye and kind of a pinkish-purple shade in the tepals.

MM 17-19e (oops, I re-used that letter). This one has a yellowish tone to it.

MM 17-19f. Very interesting! Lots of veins, and the eye has turned into a narrow ring.


MM 17-19g


I haven't assigned letters to these yet, but I really need to do the first one. Its veins are something else!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.