If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Moraea MM 17-26

Seed parent: MM 13-197a (M. lurida X villosa form H)
Pollen parent: MM 13-195a (lurida X (aristata x villosa))

This cross between two M. lurida hybrids produced several flowers with subtle pastel colors. They’re very nice: vigorous, long-blooming, and some of them have veins that remind me a bit of tiny Aril irises. The other thing I liked about these plants is that some of them went from seed to flower in just two years.

Here are several of them together, so you can see the color differences.

MM 17-26a



MM 17-26b



MM 17-26c


MM 17-26d

MM 17-26e

MM 17-26f

MM 17-26g

MM 17-26h


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.