If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Friday, August 25, 2023

Moraea MM 19-76

Seed parent: MM 13-46 M. tripetala selection
Pollen parent: MM 17-26c (lurida x villosa h) X (lurida x (aristata x villosa))

M. tripetala often induces stripes in its hybrids. Not so in this case; these plants aren't notably more stripey than the pollen parent. But they have a lot of interesting small details if you look closely.

MM 19-76a. I like the pale yellow central cup (what botanists call the claw) with little spots in it. And the tepals go from light to slightly darker as you go out from the eye.

MM 19-76b. Very slender veins that suddenly turn darker at the edges of the tepals. Very unusual!

MM 19-76c

Siblings...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.