If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Moraea MM 18-204

Seed parent: MM 12-158b (M. bellendenii X ((atropunctata x neopavonia) x (atropunctata x neopavonia)))
Pollen parent: MM 13-47a (M. atropunctata x calcicola) X ((atropunctata x neopavonia) x (neopavonia x villosa))

I crossed a yellow flower with an orange one, and the result was odd. This flower is cream colored, the eye is almost colorless, and it's outlined by a faint line of dots. For a similar looking flower, see MM 16-07. Their parents are very different, but (atropunctata X calcicola) is involved in both crosses. That is probably telling me something.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.