If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Moraea MM 19-84

Seed parent: MM 13-69 (M. tulbaghensis X villosa h)
Pollen parent: MM 16-85a (aristata x gigandra) X (villosa a x tulbaghensis)

The seed parent is an attractive hybrid, which I crossed with one of my largest hybrids. I was hoping for big colorful flowers. These are fairly colorful, but not all that big.

I am intrigued by the narrowness of the eye in the first plant below. Also, check out the small black dot at each end of the eyes, so they appear to be curling inward. That's unusual.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.