If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Monday, August 28, 2023

Moraea MM 2023a

Seed parent: Unknown
Pollen parent: Unknown

This plant appeared in a batch of seedlings that were supposed to be M. caeca. That's not what this flower is, sadly. It looks like a selection of M. villosa. The ranges of villosa and caeca do overlap, so maybe someone harvested the wrong pod, or maybe a seed from one of my plants fell into the part of the bed where I have the caeca corms.

Most of the supposed caeca plants have never bloomed, so the mystery continues.

Meanwhile, this is an interesting looking flower.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.