If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Moraea MM 14-83

Seed parent: Moraea tripetala
Pollen parent: Moraea villosa f

MM 14-83a. It's funny – a couple of years ago I would have been astounded by this flower because of its stripes. Now I think "that's nice," but I've seen so many M. tripetala crosses produce this pattern that it's not a big deal anymore. I do like the extravagantly long ends on the style crests, with veins that echo the tepals.

MM 14-83b

MM 14-83c. I like how the rays on the tepals in this flower merged into a kind of color blaze.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.