If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Friday, July 27, 2018

Moraea MM 15-80

Seed parent: MM 11-92a (M. atropunctata x calcicola)
Pollen parent: Moraea neopavonia 'Summerfield blue'

This was an exciting cross because both of the seedlings have wide inner tepals, a characteristic that makes the flowers look fuller. The plants are also tall, stout, and bloom a lot. Garry Knipe and I both made a lot of crosses with these.

One other note: This cross was made with year-old pollen that had been stored in a non-defrosting freezer. So a year of freezer storage sometimes works for Moraea pollen.

MM 15-80a


MM 15-80b. I think this is an excellent flower with clear, distinct colors.


MM 15-80c





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.