If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Moraea MM 11-116

 Seed parent: MM 99-00b









Pollen parent: MM 99-00a













These seedlings survived a near-death experience when I planted all of my 2011 crosses into unsuitable potting soil (too much compost, not enough sand). By the time I realized what was wrong, many of them had died, and the survivors were undersized. I moved the remainder into suitable soil (50-50 peat and sand), and in 2018 these two plants finally bloomed. They're F2 (second generation) hybrids from parents that have orange tepals. As you can see, the second generation often has mauve-purple colors.

MM 11-116a


MM 11-116b

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.