If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Moraea MM 14-116

Seed parent: MM 11-82a
Pollen parent: Moraea atropunctata

MM 14-116a. Not at all what I expected, and that's interesting. The seed parent is pale orange-yellow and has a lot of spots. I thought that combining it with M. atropunctata would produce a hybrid with a huge number of spots, and maybe some color in the tepals. Instead we get this interesting white flower with just a few spots, all in the center. I really don't understand genetics.

14-116b. This one is more like what I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.