If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Moraea MM 13-69

Seed parent: Moraea tulbaghensis with dark gray eye
Pollen parent: Moraea villosa h

Crosses between tulbaghensis and villosa have produced some of my most interesting hybrids, and this is another good example.

MM 13-69a. I like the orange tepals, and the flower has unusual light eyes. What would you call that eye color? Pale orange? Gray?

MM 13-69b. Wow!  That magenta blaze on an orange background is eye-catching.

This is the same selection, believe it or not, in very different lighting.

MM 13-69c. This one is a nice rosy pink color.


Photo by Garry Knipe


MM 13-69d. A lighter pink.


MM 13-69e. Another one with weird light green eyes.

MM 13-69f. This flower is more strange than classically beautiful. The eye is a curious yellow-green shade, and the colors on the tepals are kind of muddy. But it's very interesting, and I wonder what it could do with further breeding.

Photo by Garry Knipe:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.