If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Moraea MM 13-43

Seed parent: Moraea villosa (individual variety unknown)
Pollen parent: MM 99-00c

Wow, I didn't expect such nice flowers from a relatively dull pollen parent.

MM 13-43a. I like the electric yellow edge around the eye. Also, if you look closely, there is a little bit of purple at the tips of the central style crests. Most M. villosa hybrids have pure white style crests.

MM 13-43b

MM 13-43c

MM 13-43d


MM 13-43e. When I first saw this flower I thought it was form a, but the style crests in the center are different.

MM 13-43f

M 13-43g

MM 13-43h

Some more examples that don't yet have letters assigned





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.