If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Moraea MM 13-28

Seed parent: MM 03-98a
Pollen parent: MM 11-161

The pollen parent was, at the time of this cross, the closest I had come to a red Moraea. I made a lot of crosses with it, hoping that some combination would be even redder. That didn't happen with this cross, but I'm happy with the results I got.

MM 13-28a. Delightful! The outer tepals are an unusual violet color, and the inner tepals and styles are a warm salmon-orange.


MM 13-28b. Not as delicate as form a, but the whole flower is an interesting orange-violet color.

Some other siblings from this cross:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.