If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, August 10, 2024

Moraea MM 20-87

Seed parent: MM 17-35a (M. bellendenii x (gigandra x (atropunctata x neopavonia))) X (tripetala x neopavonia)
Pollen parent: MM 17-127c ((aristata x villosa) x bellendenii) X ((neopavonia x villosa) x villosa)

This has got to be one of the most genetically complicated hybrids I've bred as of 2024. But the resulting flower is more interesting than spectacular. The big orange flush is from the seed parent, and the multi-ring eye is probably a donation from M. bellendenii

If the tepals were darker purple I think I might like this flower better.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.