If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Moraea MM 20-309

Seed parent: MM 17-10a (M. tripetala x calcicola) X ('Zoe' x atropunctata)
Pollen parent: MM 17-11a (tulbaghensis x (villosa x tulbaghensis) X unknown

Hmmm, I crossed a white flower that has heavy spots with an orange flower that has no spots whatsoever. I was probably hoping for an orange flower with spots, but instead...


It's not the most spectacular flower, but look again: the central cup is a nice lemon yellow, but the inner tepals are bright orange. That is quite an unusual color pattern. I am not sure what to cross it with next, but it's definitely intriguing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.