If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, August 17, 2024

Moraea MM 20-156

Seed parent: MM 17-50 (M. neopavonia X 'Zoe')
Pollen parent: MM 17-50 (M. neopavonia X 'Zoe')

The parents are crosses between a bright orange flower and a flower with intense purple spots. All of the plants in MM 17-50 have pale yelllow to orange flowers with no spots, which is expected -- spots and streaks seem to be recessive in Moraeas. So by crossing these siblings, I am hoping to get some orange flowers with spots. It didn't work in this particular individual; it reverted to the look of M. neopavonia. I need to grow more of these seeds. Stay tuned.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.