If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, August 4, 2024

Moraea MM 19-25

Seed parent: M. tricuspidata
Pollen parent: M. villosa form o

I'm always fascinated when I get the first flowers from a new species cross. Which characteristics of each species will show up? In this case, the flowers have the color scheme of villosa o, although quite a bit paler. But the eyes have been broken into fascinating patterns of multiple rings and mottled areas, which is common for offspring of tricuspidata and the closely-related M. bellendenii.

MM 19-25a

MM 19-25b

MM 19-25c





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.