If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Moraea MM 17-127

Seed parent: MM 13-125b ((M. aristata x villosa) X bellendenii)
Pollen parent: MM 12-151b ((M. neopavonia x villosa) X villosa form d)

The pollen parent has a kind of pinky color, and I was hoping to get some reddish colors by bringing in a cross with M. bellendenii. That didn't work, but I did get some intriguing color patterns and markings.

MM 17-127a. Very interesting! The black eye has a very jagged edge, backed by a clear yellow halo. I also really like the black and yellow markings in the inner tepals. They remind me of an Alstroemeria. I'd like to do more breeding with this flower, but I'm not sure what to cross it with. I wish the tepals were a bit whiter. I wonder if I could breed for that but keep the rest of the coloring.

MM 17-127b. Often when I get a spot in the eye, the eye itself is very dark blue or black. This one is a nice mid-blue. The flower shape isn't great, but I think this color pattern has potential.

MM 17-127c

MM 17-127d

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.