If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Moraea MM 13-41

Seed parent: Moraea villosa b
Pollen parent: Moraea villosa h

MM 13-41a 'Bonnie' I named this selection after my wife Bonnie, because she and the flower both have beautiful blue eyes. Usually the eyes of Moraea flowers are bordered in black or a contrasting color like yellow. This one is light blue with a dark blue ring, an unusual combination that I really like.

MM 13-41b




MM 13-41c 

MM 13-41d

MM 13-41e. I gave this one a separate letter, but on second thought it's probably the same as form d.

MM 13-41f. The very wide, overlapping tepals come from villosa B.


Some more examples that don't yet have letters assigned. They all look similar at first glance, but if you look closely you'll see subtle variations in color and shape.











2 comments:

  1. are we allowed to use your photos commercially?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send me an email describing what you want to do with the image(s). You can find my contact info here: http://mikemace.com/contact.php

    --Mike

    ReplyDelete

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.