If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Moraea MM 13-120

Seed parent: MM 10-03b (M. gigandra X (atropunctata? X neopavonia))

Pollen parent: Moraea tripetala 













Wow, this is a very interesting cross. One of the flowers is light purple, the other a rosier shade. You can see the M. atropunctata heritage in the flowers' crescent-shaped eye spots, and the dark pattern in the central cup. Neither of them looks much like M. tripetala.

MM 13-120a. I like the color of this one. It's a bit redder than the usual purple Moraeas. 

MM 13-120b. The tepals on this one are especially wide, which I like.

Here are forms A and B together, so you can see the color contrast:

MM 13-120c. An interesting color variation: The outer tepals have turned mostly white, but the inner ones are yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.