If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Moraea MM 13-22

Seed parent: Moraea neopavonia
Pollen parent: Moraea calcicola














This combination gives us a flower that mostly resembles M. neopavonia, but has a purple wash over the tepals that turns them kind of dirty burnt orange. I keep hoping that a cross between purple and orange will give me red, but mostly it's just showing me new variations of brown.

MM 13-22a.

Although the colors are similar in this one, the eyes are larger and brighter, so I suspect it's a separate clone..

Some more flowers from this cross...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.