If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Moraea MM 13-84

Seed parent: Moraea loubseri  

Pollen parent: MM 11-135a ((M. atropunctata? X neopavonia) X (atropunctata x calcicola))












The pollen parent has a very complex parentage, and so these hybrids show a lot of variation. Here's a group shot:


MM 13-84a. Kind of like a cream-colored form of M. loubseri.

MM 13-84b. This one looks a lot like M. loubseri.

MM 13-84c. I really like this one. The tepals are a weird mix of orange and purple, but the center is especially interesting to me. M. loubseri has a black beard in the center with a translucent sea green background. In this flower the small inner tepals are green, but the larger outer tepals are translucent burnt orange behind the beard.




MM 13-84d. Much like form C, but the center is darker. 

MM 13-84e. It looks kind of like a cream-yellow form of M. loubseri.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.