If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Moraea MM 11-135

Seed parent: Moraea MM 99-00b (atropunctata x neopavonia?)
Pollen parent: Moraea MM 03-98b (atropunctata x calcicola)

I crossed an orange flower with a pale purple one that has spots. I was hoping for an orange flower with spots, but instead, in 2013, I got a couple of flowers that look a lot like the seed parent. I wondered if maybe the cross could have self-pollinated, or if the bees tricked me. Then in spring 2015, a third plant bloomed, and it was yellow. I'm delighted to have another yellow hybrid (they've been hard for me to make), but I'm surprised that this cross produced it. Who knows that's going on?

MM 11-135a


MM 11-135b

11-135c. Strongly yellow in the center, fading to pale yellow on the outer ends of the tepals.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.