If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Moraea MM 13-45

Seed parent: MM 03-98d (M. atropunctata X calcicola)

Pollen parent: Moraea villosa form D












MM 13-45a. Wonderful! Like a pinkish form of M. villosa. Unfortunately, it's almost completely infertile. I've gotten only one or two pods with it as a seed or pollen parent, despite several dozen crosses.

Fortunately, this plant, which has a very similar color scheme, is much more fertile.

MM 13-45b. I am not too sure about this flower. It looks more like a villosa X gigandra cross.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.